Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Checking In

I just wanted to check in. This week has been a busy one and it's ONLY Tuesday! We've been getting the house ready for Nina's visit and starting to prepare for our Greenbrier get-away! I'm excited... anxious... scared... all at the same time. I'm definitely looking forward to some quality time with Tim for sure. However, I'll miss my sweet baby Claire so much. Tim and I were debating earlier whether it'd be easier to leave when she's taking her morning nap or if it best to get to wave bye-bye to her. Hmmm... I'm still not sure. Having to say good-bye to her sparkling smiling face may be REALLY hard for me. Oh and yes... Claire does wave bye-bye. She's been doing this for a couple months now, but I don't think I've mentioned that before.

Claire is my little smarty pants! You can now ask her, "What does the doggy say?", and she'll respond with oouuhh ooouuuhhh. So cute. But another thing... she now thinks that all animals bark. Last night in the bath she saw the rubber ducky float by and began barking at it... so we worked on quack quack a bit.

Tomorrow is Claire's '9 month' appointment. She's been eating very well these days so I hope she's gained some weight. For those of you who don't know, we went to the doctor about 2 weeks ago (closer to her 9 month birthday than tomorrow) and she weighed in at 15 lbs. That's right at 3rd percentile, down from 5th percentile at her 6 month check up. My little bitty one.

So... If you read my blog... Please sign up to Follow Me (if you'd like)! And feel free to comment too.


2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness! I am jealous of your getaway! Have fun she will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should go while she's sleeping, that way she won't cry and you won't feel bad.

    ReplyDelete