Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Girlie girl blows kisses!!

Claire revealed two new tricks this morning! While I was getting her dressed for school she was standing on her changing table pad looking into the mirror that is just above the table. As usual she was smiling and babbling to herself in the mirror, then she started blowing herself kisses. It was the sweetest thing. We ran downstairs to blow kisses at daddy. A bit later I was brushing Claire's bed head... trying to tame the crazy morning hair. She grabbed the brush from my hand and started trying to brush her own hair. Ahhhh... my little baby is growing up so quickly. :)

Here's what her crazy hair often looks like in the mornings (cellphone pic so a bit blurry) --



I had to bring Claire into the office this morning because her school had a delayed opening due to the yuck road conditions and Tim and I both had meetings. So... she came into work with me to attend my leadership meeting. She was so sweet... blowing kisses and cheesing at all of my coworkers! I wish she could stay at work with me everyday!

My mission impossible has been catching Claire in the act of doing all of these new things on video... barks and kissing especially! Every time I try to videotape Claire these days she is mesmerized by the camera. All she wants to do is try to figure the thing out. I feel like so many questions are running through Claire's mind, "what is this weird looking thing?", "why is mommy holding it in front of her face?", "is it a toy, is it a toy?". I'll continue trying and will certainly share them once I'm successful. Helpful tips are certainly appreciated from you moms and dads that have experienced this before!!


1 comment:

  1. she is so smart! and cute! I keep trying to get Carson to say ANYTHING but dada. Well not anything, just mama and baba (really I say bottle, but most babies translate that as baba).

    ReplyDelete