Saturday, February 6, 2010

Oh the places you CAN'T go...

When there's a foot and a half of snow! My apologies ahead of time, but today I blog out of boredom.

As predicted Charlottesville got yet another winter storm this weekend (and is still getting it). The snow just keeps coming down! We're going on our second day being trapped inside the house. Needless to say... we're bored... itching to escape! No plows have even come through our neighborhood. Not even once. And if we were to try to drive up the hill to get out of our neighborhood... I'm pretty sure we'd slide right back down.

I'm trying to get a few things done around the house... my mom (Claire's Nina) is coming up in a week and a half. The more I do now, then MAYBE the less I'll have to do later. I'll shortly be putting our 7th load of laundry in the wash. Yep... the laundry was a bit behind. I gave Luna a bath yesterday. She's so soft and fresh now. And today just to get a bit of fresh air... I shoveled the sidewalks and driveway (part of the driveway at least).

I did kick Tim's butt in Scrabble yesterday! That was fun. And we made bacon wrapped dates... yumm!

I do enjoy these days at home with Claire very much so. She's little miss personality these days. I feel like I get to know her so much more when I get to spend all day with her. I just wish we weren't imprisoned in our own home. A walk around the block would even be nice, but that's not going to happen either.

Anyways... let's hope for a plow or two or three and some melting snow... that's what we need!


No comments:

Post a Comment