Friday, February 19, 2010

Claire's Doc Appointment, Nina's Visit & Greenbrier Bound

So... I've been a bit slack. I told you all that we were going to Claire's 9 month (really closer to 10 month) appointment there other day. Everything went well. She weighs 15 lbs 9.9 ounces. Her height is 26 1/4" and her head circumference is 44 centimeters. Claire has decided to grow on the 3rd percentile curve. She's my itty bitty skinny mini! She's ahead of the curve on much of her motor skill function and vocalization... translation: she's a BUSY baby! She's crawling around so quickly these days. She's been cruising for quite sometime, but she's now starting to let lose to try to stand on her own. She says ma-ma and da-da and kisses and barks. Oh and she really likes making clucking sounds with her tongue. Yesterday I swore she tried to say dog. We'll see when she starts officially saying this one. :)

As I've mentioned before my mom is in town to watch baby Claire while Tim and I head to the Greenbrier for a bit of a get-away. Yesterday was tons of fun! I took the afternoon off of work to spend with Nina and Claire. Claire kept us cracking up!! When I got home from work it was lunch time. Claire was in her highchair and so very excited to see me. When I got her out of the chair she hugged me... then she would act like she wanted to go to Nina and then when Nina stuck her hands out to get her she would pull her arms back and start laughing. She was being so silly. She has such a little personality these days!

We then went to Chipotle so Nina and I could eat some lunch. That's one of the only places I can get Claire to taste food at these days. She really likes their black beans and rice. I get whomever is working on my burrito bol to put a bit of rice and black beans in a plastic ramekin... the workers there are always so nice and never charge me for it. After Chipotle we went to the mall. The original plan was only to run in to get a new powder compact from MAC for me. Well... we ended up shopping quite a bit. We were at the mall through Claire's afternoon nap. :)

When we got home we played and rested a bit. Claire showed us her natural talent and enjoyment for doing somersaults. It was really cute! When leaning her hands to the floor, she'd then touch her head to the floor and tuck her chin. When you flipped her over she'd laugh and laugh and want to do it again.

And at the end of the night... mom and I got pedicures! I must say that I love the names of the OPI polish colors. I got 'I'm not really a waitress' red. Can't remember what mom got.

Tim and I are heading to the Greenbrier today and I can't help to think how much I'll miss my sweet baby Claire.



I mean... who wouldn't miss this cute little bed head face?!?!


We are so grateful that my mom is here this weekend! And Claire is having the best time playing with Nina.


2 comments:

  1. Have fun at the Greenbrier! Enjoy the vacation. Claire is so adorable with her bedhead hair!!! And it sounds like you have a future gymnast on your hands :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. her hair is hilarious! she must sleep hard! have fun!

    ReplyDelete