Phew... this has been a tough week! -- I've been staring at that one sentence for about 15 minutes now. -- Why?! Because that sums it up! Work has been overwhelmingly busy! I feel like I spend more time these days keeping up with my to-do list and getting new tasks sent my way to add to my to-do list... than I really spend getting things done... checking things off! I just try to remember that in time things will get done. Then I come home and yep... it's the same story! The dishes, the laundry, yada yada yada... but you know what... NONE of this matters when I get to spend the evenings with Claire. The to-do list at work... the laundry list of things to do around the house... these don't matter.
When we get home from daycare, Claire eats dinner and has a bath. She loves bath time so much. And it cracks me and Tim up! She has started mimicking our motions. If we tap a bath toy on the side of the tub, she'll do the same. If we clap two toys together, she'll follow shortly after and do the same. But when it's time for her bath to be over, goodness me she let's us know of her displeasure.
The BEST part of all is rocking her to feed her her night time bottle. She nestles so sweetly in your arms. When she drinks all that she can, she'll pull the bottle away from her mouth and find her passy. Then she'll relax and fall asleep. I often find myself staring at her... thinking 'how in the World did two such very imperfect people make something so perfect, so beautiful, so innocent'. I've often thought this. I find peace in understanding that sweet baby Claire is a blessing from the Lord. As unconventional as our story may be, Claire truly is a child of God.
After Claire is sleeping I'm often too tired to even think about tackling the house... so... I don't. I leave it for the next day. I rest for a bit and head to bed myself. And the next day we're up before the sun doing it all over again. :)
sounds like a plan to me! they are so precious!
ReplyDelete