Monday, May 10, 2010

Rewind (part 2)...

We had a great time in Jacksonville that afternoon!! The weather was awesome... the company was great... Perfect photo opportunities (what more could a mommy ask for, eh?!)! :)

Here are two of my proudest amateur photographer pics (taken on the dock at the park)...



Jacksonville is just beautiful (this area at least). I think it's the vegetation I liked. In Florida, if you cut a tree down that is of a certain diameter you must plant another to replace it. I like that. Keeps things green.

This was Tim's first time in Jacksonville... yes in all the years we've been dating, this was the first time he'd visited my mother's house. We need to get down there more often!!

After our picnic we headed back to Nina's house to freshen up and get ready for Tim's dad to pick us up to travel down to visit with his family in Gainesville. It wasn't a bad drive at all. Before we knew it we were in Gainesville enjoying a yummy super with Tim's Grandfather and Betty. After dinner we visited with Tim's Aunt, Uncle and cousins.

The next day, what is it now... Friday I believe (you lose track of the days of the week when you're on vacation... and again, we're your writing about your vacation 2 weeks later)... We went on a nice long morning walk and prepared to venture out to lunch.

Pictures of the festivities (Claire's birthday celebration continued :))...

This is what I call... too cool for school!



Claire giving Tinker a kiss... I name the majority of Claire's animals... is that weird?! :)

It was a splendid lunch! As you can probably tell, we were blessed with beautiful weather yet again. We ate on the porch of this cute little restaurant close to Tim's Aunt Paula's neighborhood. Paula's daughter Katrina picked it out... good choice! The food was yummy. And Claire enjoyed being the belle of the ball. She's my little shining star!

Here are a few more pictures of visiting after dinner later that evening:





We had such a great time! It was the first time I had met a few of Tim's relatives and it had been such a long time since I had seen the ones that I had met... it was a long overdue visit.

So we're almost caught up! And then I'll get into what Claire's been up to most recently. She changes almost constantly these days...

2 comments:

  1. What great pictures and a little sweetheart....Enjoyed my stop at your blog...Hope you will visit me....Just posted on MAKING a DIFFERENCE!
    http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love LOVE the very first picture of Claire at the top. You should enter it in a photo contest or a cutest baby contest, either way it would win :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete