I am blogging from work right now and probably SHOULDN'T be! Work is busy... work is stressful, I need a happy moment. :)
I feel so inclined to share that not only is today Baby Claire's 13 month birthday, but... ... ... ARE YOU READY FOR THIS?!?!?!... She took her first steps last night!
We were in the kitchen. I was folding laundry and she stood up in the middle of the floor. Of course she clapped her hands because she was proud of herself. I walked around beside her to meet the front of her and held out my hands about 2 feet away. Her eyes got so wide and I think she held her breath... then took the leap of faith and stepped forward with her left foot! Meanwhile, Tim walked in the door from his day at work at the perfect moment, seconds later and he wouldn't have been able to witness this beautiful moment.
As Claire's hand touched mine, I felt so proud. She was so brave!! I held her and we laughed and celebrated.
We didn't catch it on video. But it's been playing over and over in my head. I hope to catch her in action very soon!
Phew... Now I feel better. Tuesdays are the pits, but they bring us yet another day closer to Friday! Cheers to happy days! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment