Friday, May 7, 2010

Rewind (part 1)...

I've mentioned there's a lot to catch up on. So let's get started...

2 weeks ago now the family (myself, Claire and Tim) went on our very first airplane adventure to Florida! We visited my mom in Jacksonville and Tim's extended family in Gainesville.

So the adventure began on a Wednesday evening. First we got to the airport 3 minutes late to check our luggage... mind you that's less than 30 minutes before the flight is supposed to take off, not board, but take off. Well if you've flown in the last few years... you know the drill. Before going through security we had to pretty much run all of our toiletries back out to the car (they were larger than 3 oz and none of them were neatly placed in a clear ziplock baggy).

Oh Tim... he runs late... ALL THE TIME! This time, Claire and I got thrown into the mix.

We get on the plane and must parade down the aisle of stares... you know the stares people give when they're thinking, "great they're bringing a baby on the plane". Much to my surprise, Claire did great! Everything was new and fun and she just took it all in.

We had to transfer planes in Atlanta. Obviously, we had hoped that Claire would relax and fall asleep this leg of the flight... oh, but no... no ma'am. Little missy was wired. She would sit up and then fall into me as if she were crowd surfing... she did this over and over and over again. Needless to say, she was asleep before we even left the airport parking lot. Nina came to pick us up!

The following day was so beautiful!!! We celebrated the weather with a picnic...



eating a pickle... yummm

Nina strolling Claire

Crusin' along... cell phone in hand




Check back in for Rewind (parts 2, 3, 4...) :) I promise I'll catch up. There just isn't enough time in the day these days! And the time that I do have, I'm spending with Claire.








2 comments:

  1. Really cute pictures! My gosh, you and your mom look a like! 3 gorgeous ladies. Happy Mother's Day, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. <Nina said...
    Thank you Elizabeth :)

    ReplyDelete