Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snowed in on a Saturday

Today baby Claire and I were snowed in... all day! Tim and his brothers, Uncle Paul and Uncle Mark, left early this morning while the roads weren't in bad condition. Charlottesville had gotten around 2 inches of snow at that point (sometime around 9 am). Since then we've gotten somewhere between 4 and 6 inches more I believe... not sure what the official record would say. Even though my Saturday plans to go shopping for new jeans were ultimately crushed, Claire and I had a good day... it was a sweet day.


We played with toys, sang songs and read books... we even spent a whole 5 minutes outside in the snow! Claire wasn't so enthused about me sitting her in the snow. She looked so cute all bundled up in her snowsuit that Mamie and Grandpa got her for Christmas. But again, our venture outside in the cold, wet, white stuff didn't last too long. I shot some video footage and as soon as I learn how to load the videos on my camera onto my computer, I'll upload it for your viewing pleasure.

Here's the video!:



Another good thing about today is that I napped... twice! The one piece of advice that most people give you when you're going to have a baby... "nap when she/he naps". Ha! That is beyond hard to do! I'm pretty sure I can count the number of naps I've had since Claire was born using just the fingers on my own two hands. I'm not complaining at all!! I have always used the quiet/downtime to clean up or catch up on things around the house. But today is another story... I took full advantage and napped during both of Claire's naps. We even had a 3 hour nap this afternoon. Be jealous... I know you are!


Have I mentioned just how sweet baby Claire is... I mean goodness that's how this blog got its name, right?!?! She's such a snuggle bug these days! I love it. When you get her out of her bed, when she's tired or if you're lucky sometimes just because, she'll nestle her head in your shoulder and tuck her arms between her body and yours... then she just melts into you. I just love it! Nothing else matters when I am able to spend those moments with Claire... so much in fact that I totally forgot about the brownies I was baking that I hadn't ever started a timer for. If you're a baker, you can possibly relate to the panic that came over me when I came back to reality and remembered how much I wanted one of those delicious warm chocolate brownies... and how I just couldn't bear if they were burnt (I know that sounds a little insane, but forgive me... I've been cooped up inside all day).


That's all for now. I've got to go call Tim to make sure they're making it back down the mountain safely... it's been an hour since he told me they were leaving and it typically only takes about 30-40 minutes to make the trek. Snow is beautiful... but dangerous!


And to end on a good note... the plows are here the plows are here!



2 comments:

  1. I am not sad that I don't live there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Burrr... I still don't have a winter coat :) But I did find a wool blend sweater, I think it will keep me warm enough... Maybe the weather will get warmer in the next couple weeks... counting down, only 2 1/2 weeks til Nina gets to spoil Sweet Baby Claire!

    ReplyDelete