Here's the first flashback post. I'll more than likely be adding to this post when I think of new fun things to mention. I also have plans to flashback to first holidays and before Claire was born. I just want to get all of this documented for Claire's book.
I hope you enjoy reading and learning about Claire's first moments/milestones! If you have any suggestions for others I should add... feel free to comment.
FIRST BATH -- 1 week, May 2, 2009 -- Claire wasn't sure what to think of the bath back then, but has grown to love bath time! She tries to jump out of my arms to get to the bath every night.
FIRST ROLLING OVER -- 3 months, July 24, 2009 -- I was so proud of Claire! This was her first BIG self accomplishment... with the exception of being SO DARN CUTE (of course)!
FIRST TOOTH -- 4 months, September 2009 -- bottom front right. The bottom front left tooth broke within days of the first tooth. Then it took another 2 months to start getting more teeth. In December 2009 Claire's top two front teeth began breaking, shortly followed by the ones on either side on top. Within about 3 weeks of each other the 4 on the top and the ones on either side of the bottom two front teeth broke. As of January 2010 she has/is getting in 8 teeth!
FIRST CEREAL MEAL -- 4 months, September 13, 2009 -- IT WAS A MESS! Claire loved it from the start though. We started with Rice Cereal and to this day Oatmeal Cereal is one of her favorites.
"Give me, give me, give me"
"Hmmm... that's new"
"Oh, I don't know about this"
Silly Face!
FIRST TIME SITTING UNSUPPORTED -- 6 months, around October 20th, 2009. Claire was such a big girl!! This was a fun time... toys took on a whole new meaning. It was much easier for Claire to play!!
FIRST ATTEMPTS AT CRAWLING -- 6/7 months, late October 2009. Claire began crawling BACKWARDS in late October 2009. It was such a funny thing to see. She would stare at toys in front of her and just look very puzzled at them when they were getting farther and farther away. By the second week of November she was crawling forward. These days it's hard to keep up with her. She a crawling machine!
FIRST BABBLES/WORD -- 8 months, December 2009 -- Technically speaking, "YAY!" was Claire's first word. She would bet excited and say "YAY", while clapping her hands. She learned this from her proud mommy! Weeks following she began babbling "da-da"... then "ba-ba"... then "ma-ma". She associated ma-ma first! It makes the World go round to hear your baby girl say "ma-ma" when you walk in the room to pick her up from daycare! This happened for the first time on January 11th, 2010.
I was concerned when you said her tooth "broke". I thought it broke, broke. But then I got it! She has changed so much!
ReplyDelete