Sunday, January 24, 2010

Girls just wanna have fun!

Claire and I spent this weekend in Raleigh, NC with my sister (Aunt Bethy), Darby and Carson (my two nieces/Claire's cousins)! It was a great girls' weekend away!! I know you're probably thinking what's so special about Raleigh, NC... out of all the places to visit why there?! Well, Raleigh is the most thriving metropolis almost smack dab in the middle between Charlottesville and Charleston... so Raleigh was chosen by default. It wasn't a bad drive for either of thus, 4 hours from each way direction.


There was shopping and pictures and junk food and silly laughs! It was a busy couple of days... jammed packed with good times! Darby loved staying at the hotel... even if we weren't at the beach... she thought staying at a hotel equals beach. So Cute! I must say... my sister has much more strength than I! I envy her ability to be calm and collected in the face of ANY situation. I can only hope that parenting Claire through these next few years gives me this strength. I must learn patience!


Here are a few pictures of our baby girls:



















Overall it was a great weekend. To top it all off... when I got home Tim had cleaned the house! It was so wonderful to return home to a freshly swept and vacuumed house. :)

2 comments: