Saturday Claire and I got up and went to the chiropractor. Then had brunch with Leah, Elizabeth, Lauren (and the soon to be Perpetua twins!). Bodo's Bagels was packed, but we had a great time nonetheless. It was great to catch up and girl talk with the ladies! Claire had a great time too. She LOVED the cream cheese, could have done without the bagel, but really LOVED the cream cheese! :)
Later on in the afternoon, we drove out to Joe and Rhiannon's to celebrate Joe's 30th birthday party and them buying a house!! Had a blast! Claire was a bit shy, but continued to walk as she did the night before quite a bit. We enjoyed meeting and hanging out with the families and friends.
And there's more fun to come... yes, Claire and mommy had a packed weekend! Sunday after we got up and had breakfast, we headed up to the splash park (the same one we went to on Father's Day). Claire enjoyed it so much this time! She felt more confident taking a few steps in the water on her own and enjoyed holding onto and playing with the fire hydrant sprinkler. She even put her face into the water and laughed and laughed as she drew it back. I could tell she felt as proud of herself, as I felt of her. After playing in the water for a while, we went over to the park area for some swing time... definitely a Claire favorite!
Lastly, but not leastly -- I believe Claire has found a new level of self will with this increased level of new found freedom. So much so that she insisted on feeding herself dinner. I went with it... Here is the result...
Needless to say, Claire went straight from the highchair to the bath! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment