Sunday, March 7, 2010

Little bit of this and a little bit of that...

So... I MUST document this. It isn't the most pleasant thing in the world, but I MUST document it so that Claire can read about it later...

Claire pooped in the bath tonight for the first time. Well not quite the first time, there was a time or two where this happened when she was just a few weeks old. But since then bath time has been clean time and not poopy time. Tonight she looked up at me, made a squinty face, squeezed out two little bitty turds and then just smiled as if she was ever so pleased with herself.

Let's see... what else has this weekend brought us.

Last night was my company's winter party. It was originally scheduled for January; however, was postponed due to the snow. Our dear friends Brian and Catherine came over to sit with Claire so that Tim and I could attend the event. It was nice. And even nicer of Brian and Catherine to spend their Saturday evening at our place! Thank you... Thank you... Thank you to these wonderful people! The party... great venue... great DJ... great food... great company! Late in the night I tried to bust a move on the dance floor and have ended up a bit of a gimp. I blame this on a few things, the floor was slanted at the venue and I was wearing high heels. Oops! Tim was very sweet this morning. He helped me downstairs and made me breakfast. :)

I recently drove to Short Pump, VA to pick up Claire's Easter basket from Pottery Barn Kids. Love it! I also picked one up for my baby niece, Carson, so my sister wouldn't have to pay shipping. Claire's basket already has two fun books in it. One is about Easter eggs, the other about a butterfly. I am trying to think of other things to put in it.

So that's that and I'm off to bed early tonight. Hoping to start the week off well-rested and ready to tackle a few big projects at work.


2 comments:

  1. oh no no no no no! i'm dreading the poop in the bathtub. i feel like i'd panic and not know what to do. yikes! ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I pooped once in the bath tub. Evidently it was a community bath with me, my sister and our cousin. To this day they won't let me live it down. I was like one year old! How is that my fault????

    ReplyDelete